The Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia only considers students who have demonstrated above average academic, clinical and professional abilities.
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Evidence of successful academic achievement in completing a baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program or an MSN Bridge program.
- Current RN licensure in Pennsylvania. A copy of current RN licensure (display portion) must be submitted with application materials.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience in an acute care setting. The Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia defines an acute care setting as an intensive care (CTICU, SICU, MICU, RICU or CCU). Program administrators are available to advise potential students of the benefits of these acute care employment prerequisite requirements. It remains the prerogative of the program through adherence to the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Standards to discern what constitutes an appropriate acute care setting.
- ‘Statement of Interest’ detailing the candidates desire to pursue a career in nurse anesthesia practice. Please include short and long term goals.
- A current curriculum vitae detailing professional growth and opportunities experienced since high school graduation.
- Three completed ‘Professional Reference Forms’. Please note that reference/recommendation must be submitted from the following individuals:
- Nurse manager
- Physician (M.D. or D.O.) familiar with your critical care nursing skills
- 1 additional healthcare professional (unit charge RN, medical unit director, physician, CRNA etc.) familiar with your professional nursing skills. Please do NOT submit a letter of reference form from a peer nursing colleague.
- Submit ‘official copies’ of transcripts from all colleges, universities or schools of nursing attended since high school.
- Please print out the 'Application for Admission' form. Complete the application for admission form and submit with the stipulated application fee payable to:
Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia
4th Floor McShea Hall
1301 Powell Street
Norristown, PA 19401